System requirements for BMD web products
| BMD Systemhaus GesmbH
The following requirements must be met in order to use the BMD web products (BMD Com, online job application, online service entry, BMD Mobile/Mobile app, etc.):
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022 – each with all available security updates
- For web products, the web editions of the operating systems are supported as well (Please note! Only the web part must be installed on the server. In addition, a dedicated database server is required.)
- at least 6 GB of memory
- CPU >= Intel Xeon E5 v2
- .NET Framework 4.8 or a later version must be installed on the web server.
- The Web server must be accessible via an official address (e.g. bmdcom.bmd.at or via a public IP address). The customer is responsible for the necessary (firewall) configuration (port forward to the web server).
- The web server should only be accessible via an encrypted SSL connection (HTTPS port 443). The required certificate must be installed by the customer.
- The web server must have access to the BMD database (if it is operated in a DMZ, the required SQL ports and the port of the BMD Update Service must be opened).
- If you want to send e-mails directly from the web application, the SMTP server and port configured in BMD NTCS must be accessible. For asynchronous sending of e-mails, the BMDNTCSSoapService port of the application server must be accessible (the default port is 1222).
- If you are using automatic OCR for web products, the BMDNTCSSoapService port of the application service must also be accessible (the default port is 1222).
- The web application can technically be run on the same server as the BMD database. For security reasons, however, a dedicated server is recommended.
- On a 64-bit operating system, the IIS must be switched to 32-bit compatibility mode. In this mode, existing 64-bit applications may no longer run on IIS (e.g. WSUS 64bit). Therefore, we recommend that no other IIS applications are run on the server.
- A web application can process up to 30 concurrent users. If more concurrent users are needed, load balancing (with several web applications) must be set up. To do so, please contact the BMD tech department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the client, the current versions of the browsers Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome are recommended. In other browsers, display problems or application errors may occur.
- The web applications should generally run on all popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Opera in their current versions). If you experience any problems, please use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
- Per active user = "concurrent user" a synchronous bandwidth of at least 512 kbit is required (recommendation: 1 Mbit upload and download per active user). The upload bandwidth is primarily required for uploading files to the Databox quickly.
The respective BMD web application is set up on the web server. This application is responsible for building the website where the client or employee can log in. It then connects to the database to retrieve the corresponding data. If this web server is not in the same network as the database server, the appropriate ports must be opened on any existing firewall to access the database and application server.
Since a large amount of data is transferred between the web server and the database, the web server to database server connection must have a high bandwidth (bandwidth of at least 100 Mbits and a maximum latency of 2 ms). Therefore, the Web server cannot be hosted by an internet provider but must be part of the customer's network.
The web application uses a CPU core. Therefore, the CPU clock speed should be as high as possible for optimal operation. We recommend a clock speed of at least 2.4 GHz.