System Requirements for BMD Web Products
The following requirements must be met for the use of BMD Web products (BMD Com / Web, online job application, BMDmobile, etc.):
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 incl. all security updates (x64), Windows Server 2012 incl. all security updates (x64), Windows Server 2012 R2 incl. all security updates (x64), Windows Server 2016 incl. all security updates (x64), Windows Server 2019 incl. all security updates (x64)
- Web products are also supported by the Internet editions of the operating systems (Caution! Only the Web Component must be installed on the server. In addition, a dedicated database server is required.)
- At least 4GB of memory (Windows Server 2008 R2) and at least 6GB of memory (from Windows Server 2012)
- CPU >= Intel Xeon E3 – 1xxx v2
- .Net Framework 4.6.2 or a later version must be installed on the Web server.
- The Web server must be available via an official address, e.g. bmdcom.bmd.at or via a public IP address. The necessary (firewall) configuration is to be carried out by the customer (port forward to the Web server).
- The Web server should only be available via an encrypted SSL connection (HTTPS-port 443). The required certificate must be installed on the client’s side.
- The Web server must have access to the BMD database. If it is operated in a DMZ, the required SQL ports and the BMD Update Service port must be unlocked.
- Not recommended, but possible - The Web application can run on the same server as the BMD database. For security reasons, however, a dedicated server is recommended.
- On a 64 bit operating system, the IIS must be switched to 32 bit compatibility mode. In this mode, existing 64 bit applications may no longer run on IIS (for example, WSUS 64bit). Therefore, we recommend that no other IIS applications are run on the server.
- A Web application can process up to 30 concurrent users. If more parallel users are needed, load balancing (with several Web applications) must be set up. Please contact the BMD tech department for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current webbrowser versions of Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome are recommended. Other browsers are not tested and may cause display problems. However BMD Web applications should run on all popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Opera in their current version.
- Per active user = "concurrent user" a bandwidth of at least 512kbit synchronous is required (recommendation: 1mbit up and download per active user). The upload bandwidth is required for uploading files to the databox quickly.
BMD Web applications are set up on a webserver which is responsible for generating the website on to which the client or employee logs on. The application then connects to the database to retrieve the corresponding data. If this webserver is not on the same network as the database server, the appropriate ports must be opened on an existing firewall to access the database and application server.
Because a large amount of data is transferred between the Webserver and the database, the Webserver to database server connection must have a minimum bandwidth of 100 Mbits and a maximum latency of 2 ms. Therefore, the Web server cannot be hosted externally from the database (e.g. by an internet provider). The web application uses a CPU core. Therefore, the CPU clock rate should be as high as possible for optimal operation. We recommend a clock rate of at least 2.4 GHz.